- Novel software for visualizing the material damage represented by the data files in a way that aids its qualitative and quantitative assessment.
- New software tools to rapidly and reliably identify, classify and quantify new patterns and structures of particular kinds in the data sets.
- Efficient algorithms to depict and summarise the statistical distribution of atom displacements and to analyse the effect of impact energy on this distribution.
Some of the most common tasks undertaken by the IAEA inspectors involve making repetitive measurements in areas that can be difficult to access, or with elevated radiation levels. This is a domain where robotic could play a role, not only to improve the working conditions of the inspectors but also to enhance the consistency of the IAEA measurements. Two categories of robotic platforms are specifically considered for this technology challenge:
- Challenge Category 1: Small Unmanned Surface Vehicle (USV)
- Challenge Category 2: Small Unmanned Ground Vehicle (UGV)